If you would like Aimee to speak to your book club, please contact Lisa Wray at Graydon House Books (email@example.com).
CAMPAIGN WIDOWS Discussion Guide:
1. How does Cady’s arrival as the new girl in town bring the Widows together? In what ways does she become the glue uniting them?
2. Though the Widows all lead very different lives, they quickly become each other’s shoulders to cry on. What are the turning points in their friendships? Think about your own friendships. What are some of the moments that have solidified those bonds?
3. How is the campaign itself a character? What effect does it have on each character’s relationships? Think about your own relationships. How have they been tested, and what made them succeed or stumble?
4. Discuss how each Widow evolves over the course of the story. How do the bumps in their romantic relationships make them stronger as individuals?
5. In what ways do the Widows end up influencing the election, despite being on the periphery of the campaigns?
6. Do you think Rocky Haze will be a good leader, and if so, why? Would you have voted for her?
7. Discuss the current of girl power running through the story. How are many of the women underestimated at different times in the novel? How does each overcome obstacles and rise above the naysayers?
8. What would each Widow have to say about the idea of “having it all,” the notion of successfully balancing personal and professional lives? How does this theme relate to your own life?
9. How is the theme of independence woven throughout the novel? What type of message does the story send about believing in yourself and taking chances?
10. Which Widow did you most relate to? Which Widow would you most want to be friends with and why?
11. Discuss the tone at the end of the novel. How did you feel about the way the author chose to conclude the story?